Friday 10 August 2012

Black & White Bling...

Hiya!

It's time for another fun Friday Mashup challenge and this week Tara is challenging us with a rather sophisticated theme...

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project using " Black N' White Only ."
  2. Or Make a project with " Some Bling ".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a " Black N' White Project with some Bling! "

I knew I wanted to make a wedding card using the Love & Laughter set from the Summer mini catty so I combined that with the Notably Ornate frame...


Good thing I like my paper snips eh?? Yes that frame was a bit of a faff to cut out but I love the effect. The cake was stamped with Stazon on some retired wedding dsp (Bride) then trimmed with my paper snips. I added some thin black card with some rhinsetone strips to decorate the cake. The black layer is also some of that retired wedding dsp (Groom). The white background was embossed with one of the Adorning Accents embossing folders in a strip then I added score lines above and below using the Simply Scored tool. I added a sentiment banner to finish.

Make sure you stop by the Friday Mashup and check out what the rest of the DT have created.

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

4 comments:

  1. Love what you've done with the cake layers and the rhinestones! It looks awesome. The embossing and that bow are so sweet. Fantastic wedding card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, the cutting... the rhinestone lines... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a stunning card. The cake is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... that is a LOT of cutting! But it's so worth it! Your frame is just as gorgeous as the cake with all it's rhinestones! The textured hearts are a really nice touch too!

    ReplyDelete