Sunday 26 August 2012

Paper Players + New Goodies!!

Hiya!

We've got a great sketch to play with courtesy of LeAnne this week over at the Paper Players...


I decided to have a play with some of my new goodies from the up-coming Autumn/Winter catalogue...


I rotated the sketch and used a piece of Snow Festival dsp as the focal point. I layered a tree stamped in Gumball Green and die-cut with its matching die over the paper and added some silver Dazzling Details for some sparkly dots. I tied a piece of Indigo Island bakers twine around the trunk as a finishing touch. The little owl was cut from another piece of the Snow Festival dsp. The die-cuts at the sides of the image are a framelits shape cut in half - I added some faux stitching with a Primrose Petals marker. The background is Baja Breeze card with more Snow Festival.

Check out what the rest of the design team have created with this fabulous sketch:

The Paper Players Design Team


Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

7 comments:

  1. Amy, this is cute as can be! Great idea to use the dsp as your focal point! I must remember that when I cut into that sheet! Brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, Amy! I love how you used the Designer Paper! The sparkle and the twine are perfect touches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cute Amy, love the clever way you used the dsp, and of course, I think that owl is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, this is absolutely adorable! I would never think to add an owl to a Christmas card, but it WORKS! He is so cute with his little stars! Thanks for making my sketch look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally cute, Amy! What a genius way to use that sweet DSP and I love they way you've cut aprat the framelits too. The faux stitching just adds to the charm of the whole card. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the paper with the dimension from the stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whooo loves this cutie patootie card, Amy? I do, I DO!! I really like the cute scene you created and the color combo is so fresh and fun for a holiday card. Love that soft blue! The baker's twine is the perfect finishing touch. Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete