Saturday 2 March 2013

Oh Hello...!


Hi there,

After a hectic couple of weeks where I feel like I haven't had a moment to chill out, I now have a few hours... hooray! Sorry for being a bit late again with this post, but I've had a class today - scrapbooking using the Flower Fair Simply Scrappin kit - and it just so happened to contain this week's Dynamic Duos colours!


And here's the page I created using these colours...


I stamped the background with the Alhambra wheel for a bit of extra pattern, added some of the stickers from the kit to create the flower & leaves as well as a button and ribbon (also from the kit). I played around with my photo editing program and used a colour focal point tool, with black & white surround and I chose to tint the colour part with a warm yellow so the photos blended in better with the colour scheme - I was really pleased with how they turned out! The story behind this photo is that this was the day I surprised two of my sisters in Melbourne (they didn't know I had come to Australia for Christmas!). I thought the 'oh hello' sentiment was perfect for the occasion.

Make sure you check out the rest of the team's creations this week!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x


5 comments:

  1. A beautiful way to document such a fun occasion. ;-) Your layout is fantastic. Great job with these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME layout!! LOVE the background stamping, the color scheme and that Oh Hello caption---so perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all totally perfect! That sentiment is perfect for the story behind the picture! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to do a layout, Amy - and it's lovely! Your photo effect is awesome... I'm just learning more about that stuff myself :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this layout! I'm so impressed that you made just two colors work so beautifully on such a large scale.

    ReplyDelete