Friday 5 April 2013

Spring Umbrella...

Hiya!

I'm feeling nice and rested after my week off, and although I haven't been doing a lot of crafting, I have managed to attack some of the clutter and mess around our house lol! Not my favourite job (understatement of the century!!) but it does make me happy when I see my craft desk without a huge pile of stuff on it and my kitchen cupboards nicely ordered! Hubby has been painting our bedroom (under my close supervision lol!) so hopefully that will get completely sorted in the next week... Gotta love weeks off for getting stuff done! Anyways, enough rambling from me, it's time for another Friday Mashup challenge...

Here's your Mashup Challenge:
  1. Create a project using an "Umbrella Image".
  2. Create a "Double Z Fold Card".
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a "Double Z Fold Card with an Umbrella Image".
 I've had my eye on the cute umbrella stamp set in the spring catty but haven't managed to get it yet, so I had to improvise with a circle punch, wheel and scissors...


I created the umbrella by rolling the Viola's Lace wheel on some Baja Breeze card with Not Quite Navy ink, then punched out a circle with the lace strip in the middle and then trimmed along the bottom of the lace with my scissors - voila! {Can I just interrupt the description here to say that I am GUTTED then Baja Breeze is retiring... it is my favourite colour... BooHoo!!! The only consolation is that Pool Party is staying... but am still sad!} I created the handle of the umbrella by hand cutting some silver glimmer paper and sponged around the umbrella with NQN ink for a bit of extra definition. The dsp in the background is from Fan Fair, layered on Very Vanilla then onto the card base made with Primrose Petals core'dinations card. The sentiment is from Word Play, stamped over an Apothecary Art image stamped with Sahara sand. I added a few butterflies from Kindness Matters with some little pearls trails to finish.

I decided to play along with the Paper Players challenge this week, with was a fun tic-tac-toe one...


I chose Spring/Blue & Pink/Ribbon - how is this Spring related you might ask...? Well in England, Spring = rain... hence the umbrella! And also, I thought of the phrase 'under the weather' and that's why I paired the sentiment with the umbrella... ok maybe that's just how my brain works lol!

I also am linking this up to Stampin' Royalty's challenge this week, which was to use ribbon and pearls.

Make sure you check out the creations of the rest of the FM design team - I'm sure you will be inspired!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Your lacy umbrella is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so delicate and elegant Amy! The lace on the umbrella is a great touch, and the pearls with the butterflies look so delicate.
    Hugs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb! I love the umbrella and all the layers for the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Amy, that umbrella is STUNNING!I just adore all your little touches, like the glitter paper umbrella handle and the pearls. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete