Friday 5 July 2013

These are a few of my favourite things...

Hiya!

Are you singing the song..? I do love the Sound of Music and the title of my post always makes me want to start singing lol! Anyways, this week on the Friday Mashup it's my turn to host, and I've come up with a tic-tac-toe challenge that features a few of my favourite things to include on creative projects...

Here's your Mashup Challenge:
  1. Create a project using a "line from the grid".
  2. Create a project with a "few of your Favorite things ( Stamps & Colors)".
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a project using the "Tic Tac Toe grid with a few of your Favorite Things".
So as well as choosing the row from the grid with flowers, butterflies and lace, I also included most (if not all!) of the others as well (I think the only one missing is ribbon... unless you count the linen thread!). I used one of my favourite stamp sets (Secret Garden) as well as my favourite colour (Pool Party) for this one...


I started by stamping the flower on watercolour card using versamark then embossing it with white EP. I then coloured it with an aquapainter and Calypso Coral ink, adding a vintage designer button in the centre with some linen thread and adding some die-cut leaves underneath. The dsp I've used is from the This & That Epic Day collection, from which I also die-cut a few butterflies using the Beautiful Wings embosslit die. I stamped the sentiment from Lovely Thoughts underneath with Basic Grey ink.

I used the layout from this week's Retro Sketches challenge to help me on this one...


Make sure you check out the stunning creations of the rest of the design team this week!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x


9 comments:

  1. Love this card, love the colors and the flower, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a beautiful flower card. I love the color, flower with cute button on it, and the butterflies fluttering all over the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How in love am I with that gorgeous flower, the color is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Amy. I really like the way you used the button in the middle of the flower- I never know what to do with that center part on that one! Of course, the colors are so pleasing as well! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful, Amy! I love your clean flower on a grungy background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! I love the colours and that flower is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful challenge this week Amy!

    Love your beautiful flower and the button is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous.. I love the Vintage look it has.. This was a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is so pretty! I absolutely adore that bright flower front and center with the cute button and bow in the center!

    ReplyDelete