Monday 16 September 2013

Framed Clay Bauble

Hiya!

Would you like to see another sample using Simply Pressed clay? I've got another one to share today, this time combining the sketch from IN{K}PIRE_me as well as the Just Add Ink challenge to add frames...


With this one, I rolled out some clay, pressed the Northern Flurry embossing folder into it then left it to dry, then die-cut it with one of the ornament framelits...


After I cut the ornament shape I sponged over the top with Pool Party ink and left to dry. I created the frame with Smoky Slate cardstock and used the Squares framelits to die-cut it, then embossed it with the Square Lattice EF. The white card underneath was embossed with the Mosaic embossing folder, then the frame was layered over the top with dimensionals. The dsp is from the lovely Winter Frost collection in the Autumn/Winter catty. I stamped a greeting from More Merry Messages on the lower triangle with Smoky Slate ink, then added some rhinestones and Pool Party seam binding ribbon to finish.

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: More Merry Messages
Ink: Pool Party, Smoky Slate
Paper: Winter Frost dsp, Smoky Slate, Whisper White
Accessories: rhinestones, Pool Party seam binding ribbon
Tools: Square framelits, ornament framelits, Square lattice EF, Mosaic EF, Northern Flurry EF

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

7 comments:

  1. I just LOVE that embossed frame, Amy! Beautiful use of the pretty DSP and ribbon, too - this is a gorgeous card. So glad you could join us at Just Add Ink this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea to use the clay with the embossing folder! Thank you for joining us at Inkspire me with your beautiful wintery card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lattice embossed frame is really striking Amy! I love your idea of impressing and then die cutting the clay to make an ornament. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card, Amy !!! I love the colors, your framelit and the clay ornament !!!
    Thank you so much for joining us this week at IN{K}SPIRE_me Challenge !!!
    Greetings,
    Petra :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ornament made of clay is a very clever idea Amy! I especially love the embossed card you framed it with. Perfect! Thanks for playing at JAI this week ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Amy! Your clay ornament and textured frame are lovely and that background DSP layout is so effective! Thanks for joining in at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a gorgeous card! I would never have believed that the clay may even be rolled trough a bigshot! Thanks for playing along at IN{K]SPIRE_me this week! ~ Annemarie

    ReplyDelete