Tuesday 25 February 2014

Owl's Birthday Greetings

Hiya!

I'm writing this post ahead of time seeing as I'll be off on holiday for a couple of weeks... Looking forward to seeing some sunshine and experiencing warm weather!!

This week's ColourQ combo is a cute one with lots of possibilities...


I wanted to play with an idea I've had since seeing the Just Sayin' set in the Spring/Summer catty - I wanted to pair the set with the owl punch, and here is the result...


Hee hee! I love how this turned out! The owl was made using Crumb Cake, black and white card, with the waistcoat punched out of some Coastal Cabana dsp (from the Retro Fresh dsp). The speech bubble was stamped with Summer Starfruit on Whisper White and die-cut with the matching framelit. I used another of the framelits from the Word Bubbles set to cut out the clouds from Naturals White card, then embossed them with the Decorative Dots embossing folder. The sentiment is from Express Yourself, embossed on Basic Black with white embossing powder then cut out with one of the Window Framelits and popped under a strip of Whisper White card then added some Summer Starfruit ribbon.

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Just Sayin', Express Yourself
Ink: Versamark, Summer Starfruit
Paper: Retro Fresh dsp, Crumb Cake, Coastal Cabana, Basic Black, Summer Starfruit, Naturals White, Whisper White
Accessories: White EP, Summer Starfruit ribbon, Neutrals candy dots
Tools: Word Bubbles framelits, Owl punch, Window Framelits, Decorative Dots embossing folder

I used the sketch from Fab Friday to help me with the layout:


Make sure you check out all the fab creations from the rest of the Royal Court this week!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x


4 comments:

  1. Love your card - so fun and funky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do you get your ribbon to be so perfect?
    Love your card!!!

    ReplyDelete